Generate more value from our Union County taxes
- Our county property taxes are far too high. We pay 10 percent of the county’s taxes despite accounting for only 3% of the County’s population.
What I will do:
- We save more when we get services back from the County: 100 cents on the dollar, than when we ask the County to cut overall spending: 10 cents on the dollar.
- I will work collaboratively with Union County to ensure more services are directed towards Summit.
- I will propose an offset system in which the County can reimburse the City for City services conducted on County Property, another way to get 100 cents on the dollar.
My relevant experience:
- I have advised numerous Fortune 500 clients on similar offsets/operational synergies while at McKinsey.
- I will draw on that experience to find efficiencies that allow both Summit and the County to win.